The Comité Médicis is particularly committed to the respect of privacy and the protection of personal data. It undertakes to implement adequate measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the personal data of any person from whom data are collected, in accordance with legal requirements, including the European Regulation 2016/679 on data protection and privacy (General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR”) and national laws applicable in the European Union.
The purpose of this data protection policy (hereinafter the “Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of the commitments made by the Comité Médicis to ensure that your personal data is respected.
Scope of application
This Data Protection Policy applies to all processing of personal data, implemented by the Comité Médicis, as Data Controller, within the European Union, relating to external persons (hereinafter “you”).
- “Personal data” shall mean any data allowing the direct or indirect identification of a natural person.
- “Data processing”: operations carried out on personal data, in particular the collection, recording, use, transmission or communication of such data.
- “Controller”: legal entity in charge of determining the purposes of the processing operation and the means implemented.
- “Sub-processor”: a legal entity which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
The Comité Médicis shall ensure that it collects and processes personal data that are relevant, adequate, non-excessive and strictly necessary to achieve the purposes that have been previously determined. The Comité Médicis makes every effort to ensure that your data is accurate, complete and, if necessary, updated.
The Comité Médicis undertakes to obtain the consent of the data subjects whenever such consent is required and to inform them of the processing of their data. We process the personal data concerning you that you are likely to communicate to us, in particular during the following operations:
- When you participate in events organised by the Comité Médicis;
- When you wish to apply for a job at the Comité Médicis;
- When you wish to contact us with questions or complaints.
In this context, the Comité Médicis may in particular collect and process the following personal data: your identity (first name, surname, title, date of birth, position, company), your contact details (postal address, email, telephone number), your application information (CV, covering letter, interview notes).
The mandatory character of the information you must provide is usually indicated at the time of data collection on the corresponding forms by an asterisk. Any failure to respond or any response deemed abnormal by the Comité Médicis may result in the refusal of the Comité Médicis to consider your request.
You undertake that all personal data you communicate to the Comité Médicis are up to date, accurate, complete and unequivocal.
Purpose of collection
The Comité Médicis undertakes to collect and process your personal Data in a fair and lawful manner. The processing implemented by the Comité Médicis has explicit, legitimate and determined purposes.
Your data may in particular be processed for the following purposes:
- To send you invitations to events we are hosting;
- In this context, the processing operations are based on the legitimate interest of the Comité Médicis.
- To follow your application.
In this context, the legal basis for the processing operations is the legitimate interest of the Comité Médicis, more specifically its interest in responding to your applications and in finding suitable profiles for the positions available within the Comité Médicis.
Processing of data collected
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act (“Loi Informatique et Libertés”), the Comité Médicis undertakes to inform you about the processing of your personal data.
In this way, the Comité Médicis informs you, in a clear manner, each time we collect your data, in particular:
- Of the identity of the data controller (this is the legal entity of the Comité Médicis responsible for processing your data);
- Of the purpose for which your data is collected;
- Of the recipients of the data;
- Of how long your data will be kept;
- Of the existence and procedures for exercising the rights of query, access, rectification and opposition in relation to all data concerning you.
Recipients of the data collected
The Comité Médicis only communicates your personal data internally within the framework of the events we organise and in the legitimate exercise of our profession.
Data relating to registrations and invitations to events are kept for 6 years, i.e. the maximum duration of a term of office;
Candidates’ files may be kept for up to 2 years from the last contact with the candidates, unless the candidates have given their consent for a longer storage period; in this case, the data shall be archived in accordance with the applicable limitation periods.
The Comité Médicis ensures the security of your personal data by using physical and logical security means.
Data subjects’ rights
In accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, you have a number of rights concerning the collection and processing of your personal data, namely:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, comprehensible and easily accessible manner of how your personal data are processed.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, if so, to obtain (ii) access to and a copy of such data.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to obtain the completion of incomplete personal data, including by providing a supplementary declaration.
- Right to erase: In certain cases, you have the right to have your personal data erased. This right is not an absolute right, however, and the Comité Médicis may have legal or legitimate reasons to retain such data.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to contact a supervisory authority (such as the CNIL in France) in order to lodge a complaint concerning the personal data protection practices of the Comité Médicis.
- Right to give instructions concerning the use of data after death (this right is applicable in France): you have the right to give the Comité Médicis instructions concerning the use of your personal data after your death.
To exercise these rights, you may send a request to the following address: Comité Médicis, Data Protection Manager, 90 boulevard Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a copy of an identity document to your request.
The Comité Médicis may update this Data Protection Policy at any time to adapt it to any new practices and service offerings. In this case, the “Last updated” date of the Data Protection Policy will be updated and will indicate the day on which the changes were made. It is your responsibility to check for any updates to this Data Protection Policy published on the Comité Médicis websites. If the Comité Médicis makes any changes it deems important, you will be notified through information on our websites.
If you have any queries regarding this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy, you may contact email@example.com.
The Comité Médicis has also appointed a Data Protection Manager who can be reached at: Comité Médicis, 90 boulevard Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France.
This Policy may be updated at any time, so please check back periodically.